Success for Goringe Accountants as they are recognised as a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer.
Goringe Accountants has been recognised in the prestigious Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list which is compiled annually by the National Apprenticeship Service in partnership with City & Guilds and recognises excellence in businesses that employ apprentices.
The list was announced at the National Apprenticeship Awards, which took place during The Skills Show in Birmingham on 13th November. The Skills Show has City & Guilds as its premier sponsor, and is a unique celebration to inspire people with exciting opportunities in further education, skills and apprenticeships.
After a tough selection process the most exceptional apprenticeship employers from all National Apprenticeship Awards employer categories went forward to feature in the list, which showcases the breadth of employers who now offer apprenticeships.
Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers Congratulated
Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg congratulated Goringe Accountants on being named a Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer:
This years Top 100 Apprenticeship employers have demonstrated the huge impact on the young people they invest in and the many benefits for their organisations.
Apprentices help employers develop a skilled and qualified workforce to build a stronger economy, whilst creating a fairer society where young people can get on and go far in some
of Britain’s best companies.
I would encourage more businesses across England to follow these shining examples and find out how apprenticeships can help them build a skilled, motivated and highly qualified workforce.
CEO and Director General of City & Guilds, Chris Jones, said:
It’s fantastic to celebrate the Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers. They should be proud of their role in helping people gain the skills they need to be successful. After all, apprenticeships are a great way for people to earn as they learn, and they bring countless benefits to businesses.
National Apprenticeship Awards 2014 Background information
The City & Guilds Top 100 Apprenticeship Employer list features businesses which entered the National Apprenticeship Awards 2014. Those businesses selected have been recognised as having displayed the highest standards of excellence in employing apprentices.
Being included is a true achievement, recognising those organisations that do so much to ensure their apprentices become successful and inspirational role models to other apprentices.
The Top 100 includes a diverse mix of business types, all of which have apprenticeships at their core and have benefited from the extra productivity apprentices bring. Being in the Top 100 sends a strong message to other employers around the country: apprenticeships help businesses to grow their own talent.
About the National Apprenticeship Awards
Now in their eleventh year, the National Apprenticeship Awards are an opportunity to highlight the many success stories and the benefits of apprenticeships. There are six employer categories ranging from Small to Macro, and two newcomer categories. Categories are open to employers of all sectors. For the fourth year running the very best employer category entries will have the additional bonus of featuring in the prestigious annual Top 100 Apprenticeship Employers list, compiled by the National Apprenticeship Service in partnership with City & Guilds. There are four apprentice categories, which are: Intermediate, Advanced and Higher apprentice of the year, and the hotly contended City & Guilds Apprenticeship Champion of the Year.
About the Skills Funding Agency
The Skills Funding Agency is a partner organisation of the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS). Its job is to fund and promote adult further education (FE) and skills training in England, including traineeships and apprenticeships, in a way which supports economic growth. The Agency delivers £4.1 billion of skills training through contracts with over 1,000 colleges, private training organisations and employers, with a highly effective supply chain that means FE meets local need in the most cost-effective way.
Within the Skills Funding Agency, there are two customer-facing services: the National Careers Service, which provides impartial careers information, advice and guidance online, by telephone or face-to-face and the National Apprenticeship Service.
The National Apprenticeship Service is responsible for increasing the number of apprenticeship and traineeship opportunities,including simplifying the process of recruiting an apprentice or trainee through Apprenticeship vacancies, an online system where employers can advertise their vacancies and potential apprentices or trainees can apply.
Businesses across the country are increasingly realising the enormous benefits that apprenticeships create and research shows that apprenticeships are an optimal way of helping businesses to secure a supply of people with the skills and qualities they need and which are often not available on the external job market. A traineeship is an education and training programme with a work placement that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships are for young people aged 16 to 24 who are motivated to get a job but who lack the skills and experience that employers are looking for. Traineeships prepare young people for their future careers by helping them to become ‘work ready’. They give young people the skills and experience to be able to compete for an apprenticeship or other job.
There has never been a better time to employ an apprentice, or start an apprenticeship.
- The City & Guilds Group is a global leader in skills development. Its purpose is to enable people and organisations to develop their skills for personal and economic growth.
- Backed by a Royal Charter, the City & Guilds Group has 135 years’ experience in making sure that people are prepared to contribute to successful businesses and thriving economies.
- The City & Guilds Group partners with more than 200 companies to develop the skilled workforces that they need, and invests in learning technologies to help people learn whenever and wherever they can.
- The City & Guilds Group is made up of City & Guilds, the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM), and City & Guilds Kineo:
- City & Guilds develops programmes of learning, learning technology, certification and assessment, to support colleges, training providers and governments.
- ILM helps individuals, education providers and businesses improve the standards of leadership and management through qualifications, accredited training and specialist member services. ILM awards qualifications to over 95,000 managers across the world every year.
- City & Guilds Kineo is a global workplace learning company. It offers a fresh approach to e-learning management systems, apprenticeships and managed learning services.
- Combined, the City & Guilds Group operates in over 80 countries, through 10,000 training centres, delivering qualifications in 26 different industries.
- The City & Guilds Group is the Lead Premier Sponsor of The Skills Show.