Tax AdviceTax represents a significant cost to any profitable business, in addition compliance with reporting obligations, investigations with tax authorities and penalties for non-compliance are a burden for business.

As Reading and London tax accountants we can review your business structure and advise if it is tax efficient and relieve you of any administrative burden of complying with tax legislation.

Expert Tax Advice

Our tax advice services deal with all business tax matters, including; preparing income tax or corporation tax computations, plus preparing and submitting your personal or corporation tax self-assessment returns.

We specialise in advising on and preparing for you all types of personal and business taxes. Click on the tabs and toggles below to display more information on each topic. For further tax information and great tips, check out the tax section of our blog: Tax Articles

You can claim capital allowances when you buy assets that you keep to use in your business, for example on equipment, machinery, business vehicles (cars, vans or lorries). These are known as plant and machinery. You can deduct some or all of the value of the item from your profits before you pay tax.
Under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS), contractors deduct money from a subcontractor’s payments and pass it to HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC). The deductions count as advance payments towards the subcontractor’s tax and National Insurance. Contractors must register for the scheme. Subcontractors don’t have to register, but deductions are taken from their payments at a higher rate if they’re not registered.

Further reading – Construction Industry Scheme (CIS): Top Tips

Your limited company must pay Corporation Tax on its taxable profits. Corporation Tax also applies to most unincorporated associations (eg. clubs and co-operatives), and foreign companies with a UK branch or office. Your company must keep records for Corporation Tax.