The process of due diligence typically involves either an investigation of a business or individual preceding the signing of a contract, or an act with a certain standard of care.
It can in various circumstances be a legal obligation, but the term will more usually apply to a voluntary investigation. An example of due diligence would be the act through which a prospective acquirer evaluates a target business or its assets for acquisition.
Whether you are considering purchasing a business, a merger or selling your business you will need advice and guidance. We can provide the following during the process:
- Analysis of business accounts
- Interrogation of business plans and forecasts
- Valuation production and analysis
- Full business plan preparation
- Review of taxation implications of the transaction
- Attendance at negotiation meetings
- Data library management