ISO 14001: Transition to the new 2015 standard
Tue, 26-Apr-2016 @ 12:00 am - 1:00 pm| Free
Briefing & webinar on the changes and how to transition
When: Tuesday 26 April 2016 @ 12:00am-1:00pm (1 hour)
Where: Goringe Accountants, Reading -OR- via online webinar (details to be provided)
Agenda: ISO 14001 is the most widely used environmental management system in the world. A new edition of the standard was published in 2015 which introduced a range of significant changes, many of which will be new to small and medium sized businesses. The changes have made the standard a much more strategic tool to improve business and environmental performance, so whether you’ve been certified for a while or looking into it for the first time, the new 2015 standard offers a lot. In this webinar, Darren Chadwick, Managing Partner at sustainability strategy consultancy Brite Green will look at the benefits of the new standard, the key changes, and will explore what to consider when you’re preparing to be certified to the new standard.
Speaker(s): Darren Chadwick is the Managing Partner at Brite Green and a tutor in sustainability at the University of Oxford.
Catering: Buffet lunch provided
Booking: Please either contact us directly or book via the Eventbrite website. Must pre-book as numbers are limited [highlight color=”” rounded=”yes” class=”” id=””]IMPORTANT[/highlight].
[accordian divider_line=”no” class=”” id=””]
[toggle title=”Detailed Agenda” open=”no”]
The changes to ISO 14001
The new ISO 14001 standard has introduced some significant changes:
- A new structure including Annex SL
- New responsibilities for top management
- A requirement to consider “organisational context”
- An expanded scope to include a “life cycle perspective”
- Changes in required documentation
We will explore the key questions about how to transition successfully:
- How to best meet the new requirements?
- What do senior management need to know and do?
- When do you need to transition?
- How to best manage the audit.
This will be an interactive session incorporating your questions about your business and how the changes will affect you.
About Brite Green
Brite Green is an award winning sustainability strategy consultancy. We specialise in helping organisations develop a strategic approach to environmental management. Environmental management systems is one of our core services and we have a dedicated team of strategy and EMS specialists who can provide the support you need to transition to the new standard, whether its checking over your final documents or helping you from start to finish.
About the Speaker
Darren Chadwick is the Managing Partner at Brite Green and a tutor in sustainability at the University of Oxford. He is a lead environmental auditor and an environmental management system certification auditor with AJA Registrars.
Who should attend?
- Managers with responsibility for an environmental management system (EMS)
- Senior managers who need to build their knowledge and competences on EMS
- Organisations who need to transition to the updated standard
- Organisations thinking of implementing an ISO 14001 management system
What will I get from the webinar?
- Understand the benefits of the new ISO 14001 standard
- Understand how the changes in the standard affect you
- Understand what you need to do to transition
- Understand when you will have to transition
Free Gap Analysis
Sign up by the 8th April for a chance to win a free gap analysis. Brite Green will analyse your current system against the new standard. Indicate your interest when signing up and we’ll get in touch if you’re successful in the draw.