Many small and medium company owners would like to reward and incentivise key employees by awarding them shares in the company. But they are often put off by the complexity and cost, by tax issues, and by anxieties over giving up control of the company.
Enterprise Management Incentives – or EMI share options – may well be the answer.
This article describes what EMI schemes are and how EMI share options can be best utilised.
Table Of Contents
- What are EMI scheme and EMI share options?
- Why have EMI schemes?
- Looking for EMI Scheme advice?
- Should employees have EMI share options or shares?
- How are EMI share options taxed?
- So how might EMI options make a difference?
- Who can receive EMI options?
- How does EMI work in practice?
- How Goringe Accountants Can Help With Your EMI Scheme