Corporation TaxIf you own or manage a limited company then you should be familiar with corporation tax. Corporation tax is calculated upon the net profits of the business. If HMRC send you a notice to file a company tax return you must file a return even if you have no CT to pay.

Unless your CT responsibilities are very straight forward you may wish to appoint an Accountant or Tax Agent to deal with them on your behalf.

We recommend that you use a qualified accountant to prepare your corporation tax return and statutory accounts, as the rules for calculation are complex and are regularly amended. However, it is useful to understand some of the fundamentals.