Come and meet our award winning accounting and audit teams.
Table Of Contents
- Managing Director & Founder
- Chief Technical Officer
- Audit Manager
- Tax Consultant
- Client Manager
- Accounts Associate
- Accounts Associate
- Tax Associate
- Payroll Supervisor
- Bookkeeping Supervisor
- Sales Ledger Clerk
- Client Development Executive
- Operations Manager
- Operations Administrator
- Operations Administrator
Managing Director & Founder
As Managing Director, Nicky is primarily focussed upon Business Development and Client Satisfaction. Nicky has a clear vision for Goringe Accountants Ltd and is building the team to become the number one choice of accountancy practices in the region.
Nicky is Chair of the FSB’s Reading & West Berkshire Branch as she is passionate about ensuring that Small Business issues are heard at the local and national level. Nicky has recently dusted off her running shoes and is becoming a little obsessed with PBs. She spends any spare time that she has with her son Jake and husband Alex.
- Managing Director, Goringe Accountants Ltd
- Chair of Reading & West Berkshire, Federation of Small Businesses
- Financial Controller, Marine Capital Ltd
- Financial Controller, Aspire Technology Ltd
- Finance Manager, Morse
- Financial Planning & Analysis Manager, Magex Ltd
- European Finance Analyst, EDS
- Business Management Trainee, Bechtel
- Student Placement, Intel
Chief Technical Officer
Alex’s role as CTO at Goringe Accountants is to assure the successful execution of the company’s business mission through development and deployment of the company’s web presence and internal IT strategies. This requires envisioning the company’s service offerings, optimizing internal operational performance of all its staff on IT platforms, leading implementation of web applications, and planning for risk and growth.
Alex is an excellent tennis player and a passionate supercar enthusiast. He tries to persuade his wife Nicky and son Jake to join him on driving trips whenever possible.
- Chief Technical Officer, Goringe Accountants Ltd
- Technical Solution Architect, Sage
- Senior Principal Systems Engineer, Oracle Corporation
- Principal Systems Engineer, Siebel Systems Ltd
- Systems Engineer, edocs Inc.
- Systems Engineer, SME
Jacqui leads our audit practice whilst also looking after a portfolio of accounts clients. She joined us in 2013 from Deloitte UK. Jacqui manages our Statutory and SRA audits and is a Pension Audit specialist.
Jacqui has three young children and her multi-tasking and negotiation skills are thus utilised daily.
- Audit Manager, Goringe Accountants Ltd
- Audit Manager, Deloitte UK
- Scheduling Manager, Deloitte UK
- Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK
- Trainee Accountant, Deloitte UK
- Contract Development Manager, MercuryHealth
Chris specialises in advising SME businesses and their owners, on a wide range of issues, including Enterprise Investment Schemes, business reorganisations and sales, and employee share incentives.
- Tax Consulant, Goringe Accountants Ltd
- Tax Partner, James Cowper
- Tax Director, Baker Tilly
- Tax Director, HLB Kidsons
- Tax Partner, BDO Binder Hamlyn
Martyn Oosterveld, ACA ACMAClient Manager
Martyn brings a wealth of experience in a range of sectors, including engineering, manufacturing, construction, estate agents, solicitors and property. He works closely with the Goringe Accountants team of tax advisors, bookkeepers and accountants to ensure they’re delivering the best possible service to his portfolio of clients—most of whom are SMEs or family-run businesses.
Alisha ValesAccounts Associate
Alisha is an AAT apprentice. She prepares accounts and tax returns, and assists on audits. She enjoys preparing accounts and wants to go on to do ACCA.
Alisha studies in her spare time as she always wanted to be an accountant given her enjoyment of maths.
- Future ACCA, Goringe Accountants
- Studying AAT Level 4, Goringe Accountants
- AAT Level 3 Qualified, Goringe Accountants
Olivia EvansAccounts Associate
As part of the accounts team Olivia works on Accounts, VAT and Audit. She really enjoys working with the clients and wants to help them with their accounting needs.
Olivia likes to spend time with her friends attending a variety of music concerts as this is a real passion of hers. She also enjoys adventurous activities such as rock climbing when she is not studying for her qualifications.
- Studying ACCA, Goringe Accountants
- Trainee Accountant, Geoffrey Cole & Co
Sam Elliott, AATTax Associate
Sam works in a mixed role made up of mainly Tax, but also has exposure to Audit work and Accounts. Sam is building up a strong knowledge base for Personal Tax, Corporation Tax, and VAT and will be assisting on Tax Schemes such as R&D claims.
Sam enjoys watching and playing a variety of different sports, also has a passion for fast cars.
- Future CTA, Goringe Accountants
- Studying ACA, Goringe Accountants
- AAT Qualified, Edwin Smith Chartered Accountants
- Accounts Assistant, Edwin Smith Chartered Accountants
Jennie has been working at Goringe Accountants since November 2014 working on a portfolio of bookkeeping clients and assisting the accountancy team on VAT and Payroll returns. Jennie’s specialities are in construction as she previously was director and company secretary of her own business with her husband.
With 3 daughters Jennie spends a lot of time around the house enjoying her garden and cooking for the family. Jennie and her husband have an allotment and loves spending time doing craft. Her most passionate hobby is researching family trees.
- Assistant Accountant, Melanie Curtis Accountants Ltd
- Bookkeeper/Accounts Assistant, Kirkpatrick and Hopes Ltd
- Director and Company Secretary, Drean Construction Ltd
Client Development Executive
Since Lauren joined she has been developing through the firm. She oversees the new clients induction, helps with the firms marketing, and on a day to day basis working closely with MD.
Lauren enjoys Zumba classes and has sarted up running again.
- Future CIM, Goringe Accountants
- Studying Business Level 3, Goringe Accountants
- Business Level 2, Goringe Accountants
Oversees the operational running of the team including reporting, forecasting, office and audit and accountancy team management. Working with the rest of the management team to help grow the business sustainably.
Laura is family orientated with 2 young children which keep her very busy, and spends a lot of time socialising with family and friends. She regularly helps out in her sister’s florist but enjoys a Zumba class once a week to wind down.
- Team Leader, RM Education
- Bond Administrator, Prudential